1.16.2011

"Rather be a bandit than a lover..."

Last weekend, my good friend Suzy invited me to attend her sister Yukimi's show at the Echoplex. We all met up at her house, got ready, and headed to the venue in LA. We had arrived two hours into the show and there was still a line wrapped around the building. Not sure if it was people waiting in line to get in or waiting for more tickets to be released to the sold out show. (mind you I have been to this venue handfuls of times and it's never been this packed!!) Little Dragon has surely acquired a diverse fan base, (i saw fans older than my parents at this show!) and i'm sure their recent tour with the Gorillaz has helped them immensely.

Don't forget to check their album "Machine Dreams" and the Gorillaz album they are featured in titled "Plastic Beach".



This weekend I went to the Black Ryder show at the Echo. They're are a bit of a Psychedelic band (with female singers ;), woowee!) from Australia that my boy really wanted to see. We made it in time for three songs... (this seems to be routine lately), went to Goldroom, then left to Chad's goodbye party before he left for tour today in the UK with his band Funeral Party. By then, my roll of film had ran out so these will have to suffice. xoxo

1 comment:

JustNorman said...

I just went uber gay for little dragon. THANKS FOR PUTTIN ME OWN.

JUSTNORMAN
JUSTNORMAN